3.5.13

Nominating District A Candidates for Red Clay Consolidated School District School Board


BOHM FOR RED CLAY
VOTE MAY 14 
Strong Parent Advocate, Experienced Educator, Qualified Community Leader 
THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR RED CLAY







ADRIANA BOHM FOR SCHOOL BOARD

I have spent my life in the Red Clay School District. Growing up on 21st and Jefferson Streets I attended Warner Elementary School, Stanton Middle School and Dickinson High School.
As a college professor and parent, I returned to the district I love, and now I want to do my part to see Red Clay School District succeed for every
child. ROOTED IN RED CLAY.
  • Grew up on 21st and Jefferson Streets, lived
    in Pike Creek
  • Attended Red Clay schools
  • Raising a family in Red Clay District
  • Both children attend Red Clay Schools
    WORKING FOR RED CLAY.
  • Advocacy Chair for Highlands Elem. PTA
  • Member of the Parent Superintendent Council
    & Buzzy Cooke Elementary School Feeder
    Pattern Committee
  • Committed to involvement: Regularly attends
    district wide meetings
    www.bohm4redclay.com

    Contact me at
    bohm4redclay@gmail.com
AS YOUR SCHOOL BOARD REPRESENTATIVE I WILL SUPPORT:
  • More parental and community power in shaping educational policy;
  • More advocacy for all students, including those from low-income backgrounds, those with special needs and those who excel;
  • More programs for equalizing students’ educational experiences — increased use of technology in classrooms, free pre-K where necessary, additional special education support;
  • Enhanced professional development for educators. Schools must also provide teachers with more incentives for remaining in those schools and not transferring to out-of- state positions.


AS YOUR SCHOOL BOARD REPRESENTATIVE I WILL SUPPORT:
  • More parental and community power in shaping educational policy;
  • More advocacy for all students, including those from low-income backgrounds, those with special needs and those who excel;
  • More programs for equalizing students’ educational experiences — increased use of technology in classrooms, free pre-K where necessary, additional special education support;
  • Enhanced professional development for educators. Schools must also provide teachers with more incentives for remaining in those schools and not transferring to out-of- state positions.

                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert L. Cooper, Jr.  

Nominating District "A"  Candidate for Red Clay Consolidated School District -- School BoardMarch 2013


Dear Friend:


I would like to take this time to formally introduce myself. I am Robert L.
Cooper, a retired firefighter and civil servant, running for a Board Member
position for the Red Clay Consolidated School District. With relatives that
attend Evan G. Shortlidge Academy, Heritage Elementary School, and Skyline
Middle School I am hyperaware of the educational concerns that exist within
our community. As a lifelong Wilmington resident, I have seen firsthand how
ineffective communication between the School Board and parents has resulted
in a desire for reform. As your Board Member, I will be unafraid to voice
my concerns in the community and fill this growing public desire.

Dedicated to Change

I attended P.S. duPont High School and have since seen the lessening of
parental inclusion in the School District. As your board member, one of my
chief concerns will be our districts growing suspension and dropout rates.
I will be your vocal community liaison to fully address these issues and
the urgent concerns of parents.

Unwavering Commitment to Wilmington’s School District.

One of my main reasons for serving on the School Board is also the safety
of our students. Specifically referring to the safety for all students on
school grounds and the necessity for responsible bus attendants.

“Giving Kids the Tools to Succeed”
Having been a lifelong member of Wilmington, I have acquired the tools
necessary to see both our students and our district succeed. I have been a
board member of WEMA, a youth athletic group, playing an integral role in
the lives of our inner city youth, and I currently act as the public safety
chairperson of Southeast Ninth Ward Civic Association. As a previous
Fireman’s Advisory Board Member, I served as an instrumental liaison
between aggressive firemen and the community, which I know will help me
better interact with the struggling students in our district. I promise as
your chosen board member, I will use these tools together to fill shrink
the widening gap of communication between our community and our schools. I
understand our community and have an even better understanding of the issue
that exist. There is no better candidate to serves as your 2013 Red Clay
Consolidated School District Board Member. 



I hope to receive your vote.



Robert L. Cooper, Jr.

No comments: